Inactive accounts will be deleted 1st November
Questions that don't deserve their own thread
If you have a /tech/ related question that doesn't need a whole thread, post it in here.
what will the future yield for the hare language? many anons seem interested but don't seem to expect it to reach mainstream significance for a while
dev says not to share but i find it worthwhile
Honestly I don't know how much I can trust someone who uses jpeg on an image with a 2 color palette. https://harelang.org/mascot.jpg
Adds a bunch of ugly compression artifacts and actually makes the filesize bigger than if they had just used a lossless format. PNG related, it's way smaller and looks better.
I didn't make it past the rabbit.
sorry anon, am schizo
didnt mean to bring a bad name to the language
please forgive me senpai
>>34 meant for >>33
i am a mess
I can tell, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Welcome to /tech/, the board for discussion of technology and related topics.
/tech/ is a SFW board so please spoiler and keep NSFW content to a minimum.
Code block and inline monospace syntax is explained in the FAQ: https://fatchan.org/faq.html#post-styling
Does Tom own /tech/ or is it some anon?
What is a nice theme to use for this board? I'm tired of the default themes.
>Does Tom own /tech/ or is it some anon?
I'm not sure.
>What is a nice theme to use for this board? I'm tired of the default themes.
tom owns /tech/ but if you wanna make it active ill transfer the board.
the desktop thread
I like the second one more.
excuse me, a winfag coming through...
story: i had much more fun using windows than linux. i get to play my old childhood games, be productive, and overall enjoy my time.
though i'm not going to lie, linux is more solid and versatile.
going full mactard
why are you tripfagging
>multiples of every type of program (gimp, paint.net and photoshop, blender, maya and 3ds max, utorrent and qbittorrent)
>desktop as a home folder
>DOULE SIZE BOTTOM TASKBAR IN A 16:9 DISPLAY
This should be a felony
Curiously, there is no windows flag (or macOS for that matter). Only some linux and BSDs
No children in the wallpaper, nice.
One of those windows running pipes or cmatrix would be a cool gimmick to have going 24/7. But when I ran i3, I didn't see an obvious way to keep a window stickied in the background. So my desktop ended up quite boring.
1. newsboat (cli): an rss/atom feed reader. (looking for a good alternative.)
2. transmission-daemon (cli): a bittorrent client for all your torrent management needs. along with transmission-remote, i recommend using its web-interface at localhost:9091.
3. nnn (cli): a very fast file manager. i haven't tried vifm, but it also seems like a good alternative, if you are willing to invest some time in getting familiar with the keybindings and doing a little bit of configuration.
4. links (cli, gui): an excellent web-browser with enough features. (there're good alternatives like w3m, elinks, lynx that i haven't tried yet.) (note that you can use it with transmission-cli to add torrents from sites like 1337x.to without the annoying popups and ads.)
5. youtube-dl (cli): a small software to download videos from a variety of streaming sites. you can use it in combination with mpv to stream videos with a minimum cpu usage.
6. gallery-dl (cli): a small software to download photos from a variety of sites. i think ripme is a good alternative.
7. imv (cli): probably the best image viewer out there. a good alternative is feh.
8. tmux (cli): a terminal multiplexer. has a lot of features like tmux-resurrection that allows you to restore sessions (and programs) the way they were left even after shutting down your machine.
9. htop (cli): a good system monitor written in lua. better alternative than top.
10. misc: wget, curl, aria2, fzf, ueberzug, blender, gimp, inkscape, krita, vivaldi, firefox, freecad, qbittorrent, xclip, scrot, xbanish, unclutter, termite, st, xterm, instaloader, tuir, tiktok-scraper, blackbox, dwm, dmenu, surf, qutebrowser, xdman,
>better alternative than top
please explain why, because nice fancy colors dont count that much as as improvement to me
/!\ IRC.LIBERA.CHAT IS THE BEST IRC NETWORK /!\
/!\ THE JEWS HAVE TAKEN OVER FREENODE, CHATS HAVE MOVED TO IRC.LIBERA.CHAT /!\
THIS OFFICIALLY ENDORSED MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY LIBERA.CHAT STAFF
--> Anon (email@example.com) has left #freenode (Killed (Spam is off-topic on Leenode))
bring back grove or fuck off
the best operating systems. everything else is trash.
I like slackware and wish I could use it more often, but Microsoft Teams only runs on Debian-based distributions so I have to stick with that for now. Funny how computer science programs make you use retarded software.
void's been shit ever since the coup. dependency creep all over the dang place.
looking books that talks about making system like this specifically
or something liek sega arcade stuffs (power drift, space harrier, air rescue, aqua jack so on etc) especially the physics model and how stuff sticks and not fall thru the floors despite the gaps between things and maybe lack of polygon meshes?
perhaps the behind the scene/making of logic…
hopefully includes several model/solutions of troubleshooting the same thing of why and whynots
what a funny face
Here's a good start
>>55 sorry im past that, i guess your english isnt good enough for me
greetings fatchan nice to meet you
refugee from friendster i hope you accept me and my very intelligent tech question gracias denada
so to start, how do i be great coder.
and have money and lots of
Getting good takes effort. If you have money you should pay Indians to do the work for you instead.
>>48 how would i know it's a goodjob well done anyway?
no pink or red in the middle
>how do i be great coder.
Learn a programming language
hello can pass me the pirate version of red hat
help me understand matrix used between model view projection in 3d softwares???
what will happen if we dont use matrix